Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Modeling a Head - Orthographic Vs Perspective

Just did a job for a client where close reference to an actual human character is important. I modeled the character with Orthographic cameras but checked every now and then in perspective.

When it was sent to the client, the replied that the proportions were off and that the model did not look good at all. They also did include a little image which totally did not look like the model proportions I used. The head had lens distortion and did not look right.

I switched the camera to an 85mm lens when close up on the face and she didn't look bad. But it did occur to me I modeled in Ortho and the reference images were probably with an 85mm. So would that fuck things up for me in future?

Please read this tomorrow morning and find out more.

CGTalk Discussion

No comments:

Post a Comment